SPORTSTER

SPORTSTER
CO-AUTHOR

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

9 Signs Sportster has a Soulmate


9 Signs You've Found Your Soul mate (If You Believe In That Sort Of Thing)

I have spent hours primping in front of the television set and  everyone is concerned with meeting their soul mate. Judy says she and I are soul mates.  I rolled my eyes. Who believes in such things? Not me. She tried to explain that your soul mate is someone whom you connect with on the deepest level and yet allows you to still be you in the relationship. I am looking down at my gorgeous soft fur and trim body …well, I am still me. does she have a point?

She showed me a list of nine signs.

1.      You communicate without speaking.

Well she had me on that one. I give her what I call my “steady stare.”
 
 In response, she locks eyes and tries to make it a game, but  always caves and asks, “What do you want?” But she knows, I don't have to tell her,  because she scratches my chin and rubs my belly. So that’s one point  for her side of the argument.  If she is my soul mate, she certainly knows   how to respond to your emotional signals.

2.      You know in your gut that you have found “The One.”

I have to give her this one, too. I came from the streets. I was too small to forage for food and had been living on grasshoppers and crickets when a young man rescued me and took me to meet Judy. I will never forget that day as my tummy swelled with crunchy kibble that warmed me all over. I did feel it in my gut. Judy became very special to me that day.

3.      The physical chemistry is palpable.

Judy explained that experts in relationships claim you feel ‘an electricity’ when your soul mate enters a room or touches you even after living together for years. I guess I have to cede on that point as well. When I am home alone the sound of the garage door rising sends a thrill through me. I trot to the door and can hardly contain myself until she picks me up and rubs my ears and kisses my nose.
 

4.      You’ve been totally comfortable around each other since the first time you met.

It is true I opened up to Judy from day one. I revealed my inner needs, what I liked and what I didn’t,   and she was there for me.


5.      But the relationship is not all about rainbows and catnip. Your soul mate challenges you like no one else can.

Boy does she!! How many times!! Every time!! I let her know that I hate my bath. I cry and once I even bit her. She pushes my buttons and aggravates me.

 Secretly I agree the entire experience is good for my body and soul. After my bath I evolve into a happier, better smelling cat and I’ve learned that sometimes in life we have to endure pleasantries to reach a higher level of consciousness.

6.     You may not see eye-to-eye on every little thing, but you're on the same page where it really matters.

Right on. I may not agree about the baths, or that I have to finish all the food in my dish before I get more, but we both love to travel and I enjoy sharing my bed with her and sharing  the hours with her in front of the computer.

7.      The relationship bring both partners inner calm.

I know this is true for Judy. She has told me she only has to watch me sleep and she says she “catches” my inner calm. I know I can sleep for hours when she is home with me.

8.      You and your partner have separate identities but you face the world as one.

"Soul mates recognize that they are two parts of the same whole, and no outside influence or external matter can break that bond," Judy explained. I questioned her on this one. I pointed out the times that her friends bring their dogs into our peaceful inner sanctum. “What about then?” I asked.

“They always go home, don’t they?”  I surrendered that point, too.

9.    You may have known each other for years, but you suddenly find yourselves ready for love at the same time.

Finally! She’s wrong.  We have loved each other from the beginning.

Check out Judy's latest book, MASADA'S MARINE on Amazon.

Every hour a veteran commits suicide.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment