SPORTSTER

SPORTSTER
CO-AUTHOR

Monday, December 17, 2012

YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL AND I'LL GO TO TEXAS


I didn’t say that. It’s a quote from Davy Crockett admonishing his constituents of Tennessee when they didn’t reelect him to congress, but I like Texas, too. I asked Judy to dig my hat out of storage, I want to fit in, tip my hat and say, “Hello, Y’all.”
 

Judy hasn’t expounded about all the sites she’s seen, so I will. We cruised into the town of Fort Stockton to visit the fort and discovered “The Sticker Bus.” There were stickers for everything. I wanted one that said, “Dogs drool, cats rule.” Judy said she’s not sticking that on our bumper.
 


While Judy toured the fort, I pondered about what else I might want to say on a sticker. Never did come up with a comment that would stick to a scratching post.

 
 
 Judy discovered that the Buffalo soldiers had been quartered at Fort Stockton before they transferred to Fort Hauchuca in Sierra Vista, Arizona over five hundred and fifty miles away. I thought that was far in a motor home, let alone on horseback!
Here are some other pics she didn’t share with you.
This is a restored drive in theater but not operating in San Antonio.
 
This picture is hard to make out but it’s Houston Space Center’s Mission Control. Remember some of those famous words spoken from there? “Houston, we have a problem here.”
 
 
The Saturn V. Huge! 
How about Alan B Shephard’s words?
“And when I first looked back at the Earth, standing on the moon, I cried.”
 
 
 
This is a restored Southern Pacific Depot in Hondo, TX.
I wish I’d been invited to lunch yesterday at Manny’s Shrimp Boat in Livingston.
 
 Judy raved about the shrimp and hush puppies. I tried not to think of my mom eating puppies, but as long as it’s not kittens…. She raved about the Cajun potato casserole with Pirogue Sauce.
When I consider all the places I’ve traveled and the people I’ve met. I am truly a lucky cat.
I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you about the Escapee Care Center here in the RV Park we are staying in now. It is the only RV Park in the country with an assisted care center run almost entirely by volunteers. There is not another campground with a care facility that caters only to RVers. If Judy becomes ill and has difficulty taking care of me and herself, we can come here and receive the care at no cost while we live in our motorhome.
 
 
 
 
 

So, as I peer out at the Texas sunset, which is nothing like California sunsets, I think about my life and wonder how I got so lucky.  But I know the answer. I’m a cat. We always land on our feet. With an attitude of gratitude, you can too.

Don't forget to check out Judy's books on Amazon and Kindle.

COAST TO COAST WITH A CAT AND A GHOST
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GRE602

GOING HOME WITH A CAT AND A GHOST

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Ghost-Series-ebook/dp/B00AI2TOB6/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1355799495&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=GOING+HME+WITH+A+CAT+AND+A+GHOST#_

 

 

 


 





 

1 comment:

  1. Sportser,
    You are the most patient cat I've met and hopefully Judy truly appreciates all your skills and efforts to make her travels easier.

    ReplyDelete